[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips1.6.1 and Polycom BLA

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Feb 9 18:22:46 CET 2010

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the in dept analysis of the problem. I have now checked
the implementation for BLA in opensips and here is the state of OpenSIPS
BLA from in what those two sections are concerned.
8.2 - Subscription timeout
OpenSIPS BLA sends Subscription when Register messages are received or
when a registration timeouts. So the case when a Subscribe message is
not replied can only happen if in the short period when the phone sent
the Register and OpenSIPS sent the Subscribe went down - and there is
really very little change this will happen.
8.3 - Notify race condition
The implementation does not handle this case as mentioned in the draft,
and this could be a problem( maybe exactly the problem that you are
seeing). OpenSIPS will overwrite the state with the second call, and
maybe in the mean time the phone that have sent the first Notify has
already started the call. I will have to work a bit in this part and
make the logic more strong.

Thanks and regards,

--
Anca Vamanu