[OpenSIPS-Users] TCP AORs and db_mode 1/2/3

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Sat Feb 6 18:51:32 CET 2010

Hello list,

Thinking today about why my messages are sometimes routed to
nonexistent TCP endpoints, I came upon the following idea:

  It seems that if the usrloc db_mode is anything but 0,
  then TCP AORs could be read from the database after a
  crash. This can't work because once OpenSIPS stops,
  the TCP connections are destroyed. They aren't reusable
  again, because routers and firewalls would block the
  connections that OpenSIPS tries to reestablish.

First of all, is that right?

If so, then for what reason are the db_modes 1, 2, and 3
even useful at all? For UDP-only systems, right?

Regards,
Brian