[OpenSIPS-Users] high-availability - senario

Julien Chavanton jc at atlastelecom.com
Thu Feb 4 20:13:40 CET 2010

Option 2 works fine for me.

Thanks

________________________________

From: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org on behalf of Stanislaw Pitucha
Sent: Tue 02/02/2010 3:03 PM
To: users at lists.opensips.org
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] high-availability - senario

On 02.02.2010 14:17, Julien Chavanton wrote:
> I still have a problem with binding all IP some headers do not have the IP set :
>
> Record-Route: <sip:0.0.0.0;lr;>.
> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 0.0.0.0;branch=z9hG4bKfc58.1427b764.0.
>
> Is there a way to tell Opensip to use the routing source IP, or other alternative ?

There are two options, (never used the first one though - it might work):

1) advertised_address="1.2.3.4" (your real ip)

2) Set ip_nonlocal_bind via sysctl, which will allow you to bind to an
interface even if it's not available on that host. You can have a hot
standby host this way (on the virtual address), because it will start
getting messages as soon as you update the routing. Just bind to the
address you want instead of 0.0.0.0.