[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool install

rad bogdan bogdan_rad2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 10:17:24 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

I've started configuring CDRTool 8.0.10, FreeRadius 2.1.10, CallControl
2.0.8 and OpenSIPS 1.6 but I've encountered some problems: all the servers have installed successfully (I can start them) but after I've followed the instructions from
http://cdrtool.ag-projects.com/wiki/Install I've realized that they
refer to older versions of FreeRadius and OpenSIPS. The documentation of FreeRadius for MySQL's configuration
(http://wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO) seems to be different than the
one from CDRTool's page (the section that describes the installation of FreeRadius). The patch CDRTool/setup/radius/FreeRadius/freeradius.patch doesn't seem to fit on all files of the latest version of FreeRadius. Also, the settings for OpenSIPS seem to be for 1.4.

Which versions of servers should I use, those from CDRTool's page or the latest ones ?
Can I bypass FreeRadius and use only OpenSIPS for authentication ? Are CDRTool and Call Control built to work this way ? I'm not concerned about security and I'd prefer not to use FreeRadius in the beginning if possible.

Thanks,