[OpenSIPS-Users] Handing BYE instead of CANCEL before Answer

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Dec 11 22:17:45 CET 2010

2010/12/10 Russell Bierschbach <rbierschbach at telepointglobal.com>:
> That SIP message is actually OpenSIPS receiving the BYE from the customer, the problem is OpenSIPS is not forwarding/relaying that BYE message to the Asterisk server that is handling the call, so Asterisk doesn't know the call ended, and it's still letting the phone ring (and possibly be answered) on the other side of the call.  I will get a more complete SIP trace up.

Hi, Anca told you in her previous mail that the BYE is sent to
Asterisk (at it's just a normal in-dialog request). Please check it in
Asterisk side:
- Does the BYE arrive to Asterisk? (sure it does).
- Does Asterisk replies to the BYE? (maybe Asterisk doesn't implement
ending a call with BYE during early-dialog).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>