[OpenSIPS-Users] Hardware requirement for opensip

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Dec 8 23:14:22 CET 2010

Just a couple of quick suggestions.

Logging, of *any* kind with opensips can be a serious drag on performance.
Try doing:
opensipsctl fifo debug 0

And make some calls and see how that affects performance. You can also turn
on ASYNC writes in syslogd config which isn't default (put a minus sign
before the file name). This might not be optimum for your config..

Also, vmstat is very helpful for troubleshooting performance. I found many
circumstances where the hard drive performance slows down everything. For
higher performance systems, you'll want to perform as few HD operations as
possible. Using memcache and modules that perform operations in memory is
always recommended.

-BRett