[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog and Presence when OpenSIPS fails over to backup server

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:57:06 CET 2010

I am wondering what can be done with the following

I am testing Failover with Monit and Heartbeat. Here is the scenario

I have three phones
SnomA - number 4xx1
SnomB - 5xx2
BriaA - number 4xx8

BriaA is set up to monitor SnomB with Presence and in OpenSIPS I have
enabled mix_dialog_presence (very sweet addition to the Presence Module
thanks for that).

SnomB calls SnomA and SnomA picks up. So a call is in session. BriaA can
see that SnomB is "On the Phone".

So now I shut down OpenSIPS to initiate a failover. OpenSIPS starts back
up. This doesn't affect the current call that is in session from an RTP
standpoint (obviously). The issue now is that when they call is ended BriaA
still thinks that SnomB's presence is still "On the Phone". Also I run into
an issue with Concurrent Call Limitation shown here
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutConcurrentCalls
So with the implementation of DocsTutConcurrentCalls OpenSIPS still thinks
SnomB and SnomA are still on a call and might be restricted from receiving
or making calls if they are at their ConcurrentCall limit.

Is it possible somehow to set up something with OpenSIPS with the
startup_route seen here
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreRoutes16#toc7
And flush any old dialogs and presence events????