[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS 1.5.3, Load balancer module and open transactions

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 19:49:41 CET 2010

On 6 December 2010 11:04, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> Do you think it will be helpful for you to "see" (from OpenSIPS) which are
> the these ghost calls ? (I can describe a procedure to get such a listing).

Yes, that would be great. We have tracked them down and working with
the testing vendor why they didn't send us an ACK.

> Now, about what to do to prevent...More or less is about detecting so called
> ghost calls....and you have several options:
>
>   1) callee/caller specific - if you are in control of one to the end points
> (like you do LB over a bunch of Asterisk servers) :

We do. Our OpenSIPS LBs also do the registration and have rtpproxy on them.

>           A) most of the media devices (PBX, GW, etc) implements media
> timeout - if no RTP is recevied, they fire a BYE, so OpenSIPS will receive
> this BYE and free the call

Our media gateways (Asterisk) did do this, but OpenSIPS never got them
for some reason.

>           B) as A), but using signalling, SST (when the call goes via
> opensips, force SST on callee side). The detection will be done by the media
> server, which will send a BYE

OK, this could be good to compliment the no media.

>   2) opensips specific - as LB in the middle, you can check the health of
> the dialog by:
>            A) media level - both RTPproxy and mediaproxy offers RTP timeout
> events (but this approach will require media relaying for all calls)

OK, we relay media for NAT here. That will be seperate later.

>            B) signalling level - opensips cannot do much here at the moment
> (like generating in dialog request for probing purposes)

OK.

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.surevoip.co.uk