[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [NEW] OpenSIPS 1.6.3 major release is out

Emmanuel BUU emmanuel.buu at ives.fr
Fri Aug 6 13:42:37 CEST 2010

Congratulations.

We worked on an enhancement of advertized address to add the notion of
"internal_network"
We use advertized_address when opensips is running on a server which is
behind a NAT itself.
This is, I guess, the purpose of this function.

However if the same server handles clients that are in the same internal
network and client that are on the other side of the NAT,
The scripting logic needs to be adapted and set_dvertised_address used.
Also: the RR module does not handle the situation correctly
especially in a case of a call from a client inside the internal_network
to a client outside on the Internet. In that particular case, a double
route should be added which is not the case at the moment.

Our patch enable the script to define one or more internal_network. It
the packet has to be sent to an address inside the internal networks,
the advertized address will not be used. Otherwise, the advertised
address will be used. msg_translator has also been modified to add
a double route in case the message has to go from inside to outside (or
the other way around). To summarize, this behavior replicates
the asterisk behavior in such cases.

The patch has been developed on top of 1.5.3 and is still under test. I
wanted to feed it into the 1.6.x line 1.6.2 adds a notion of advertized
address per
socket. The integration and test needed are not complete however.

Emmanuel