[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] OpenSIPS 2.0 - changes on the SIP messages

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Apr 28 21:12:24 CEST 2010

I agree with Richard here.. it's nice to be able to isolate branch changes
to not infect other branches. :)

As for the contact header example given above.. I also agree with Richard
that the function should be made to perhaps be a little more intuitive.

Overall, like I said before, I think a lot of these issues can be resolved
with smart scriptwriting. This is a bit OT, but one thing I think that would
help [people like me] out a lot is if the functions themselves would be
smart enough to alert the scriptwriter of doing stupid things.. For example,
there have been a number of posts to the mailing list regarding double
updating headers and getting "weird" results. instead of producing weird
results, I'd think that it'd do something like, only apply the last one
(which I can understand the complexity of saving the original msg along with
all requested changes..), or rejecting any duplicate efforts to change..
Either way, there should be a generated WARNING message to indicate that you
probably didn't want to do that and that it's a scripting error.

That's my $0.02. :)
-Brett