[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensip-cp and xml-rpc-c question

Sven Schulz svens at psu.edu
Wed Apr 28 20:52:26 CEST 2010

Nevermind, I was able to get this to work...with help from a co-worker.
Works on CentOS 5.4 64bit

Instead of downloading the latest .tar file, we used SVN and got the latest
xmlrpc-c source.

Then,
./configure --disable-abyss-threads
make
make install

And then recompiled opensips

On 4/28/10 9:45 AM, "Sven Schulz" <svens at psu.edu> wrote:

> Alex, I just tried what you said and it still doesn¹t work. Are there any
> dependencies for xml-rpc-c that I need? Also, Im using 64 bit, if that
> matters.
>
> Sven
>

> On 4/28/10 4:49 AM, "Alex Ionescu" <alex at opensips.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> For your first question :
>> "Can I use mi_datagram instead of mi_xmlrpc for opensips-cp? "
>> Well, it is not suported ... yet. So, unfortunately, you cannot use
>> mi_datagram.
>>
>> For the second question :
>> "If not, how to I compile xml-rpc-c into Centos5?"
>> We've recently installed CP and OpenSIPS on a Centos 5 server. We've used
>> xmlrpc-c-1.06.38
>> To install it please do : ./configure --disable-abyss-threads (this is very
>> important) ... then you do as usual make all and make install.
>>
>> I hope you will succeed eventually !
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex
>>

>> On 4/27/2010 22:58, Sven Schulz wrote:
>>>  Opensip-cp and xml-rpc-c question 2 part Question:
>>>

>>> 1. Can I use mi_datagram instead of mi_xmlrpc for opensips-cp?
>>> 2. If not, how to I compile xml-rpc-c into Centos5?
>>> 3.
>>>
>>> I cant compile the recommended version (.09.10) into 64bit.
>>> If I download the latest SRC, I get these errors at the end of MAKE:
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/ld: XmlRpcCpp.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol'
>>> can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>>> XmlRpcCpp.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[2]: *** [libxmlrpc_cpp.so.3.06] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xmlrpc-c-1.06.38/src/cpp'
>>> make[1]: *** [cpp/all] Error 2