[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and Virtual IP implementation

rajib deka rajibdk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:38:17 CEST 2010

Hi List,

I have implemented Virtual IP based failover for our OpenSIPS linux cluster.
The logic is our two OpenSIPS server will share a same Virtual IP, initially
master server will be up with the virtual IP and once the master is down the
back up OpenSIPS will take over the Virtual IP. The issue I am facing here
is after uping and arping the Virtul IP with eth0 interface (irrespective of
master or backup), when I restart OpenSIPS to bind the TCP/UDP ports
to Virtual IP OpenSIPS  takes more than expected time to start again
(restarting). What may be the cause for this? Is there any solution for
this? But once OpenSIPS is up it works fine with Virtual IP, also if I
restart OpenSIPS only with the physical IP it restarts quickly.

--
Rajib Deka
Software Engineer

Mobile No: + 91 80157 09130