[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with Opensips-Location tables-users

Erick Chinchilla Berrocal erick at netcrc.net
Fri Apr 23 21:39:45 CEST 2010

I have the following problem

According the manual

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 0)

The modparam directive configures the corresponding module. The usrloc
module in the line is responsible for the location service. In other words,
when a UAC registers to an SIP proxy, the OpenSIPS will save their contact
information, also known as address-of-record (AOR) to the location indicated
by the db_mode parameter. The location of this table depends on the value of
the db_mode parameter. A db_mode parameter set to 0 indicates that this data
would not be saved into a database. In other words, if OpenSIPS is turned
off, all the records will be lost.

Now this is the situation

I can see the users registered with the opensipsctl script

With the Control Panel not is possible look the registered users.

If we are looking in the database "opensips" in the following tables

-          Subscriber

o   Find the correct information for the users (username, domain,password)

-          Location

o   Find the correct information for the users are online, but don't have
the information for the location , column "domain" say "NULL" the other
information is correct column "Contact","expires"

o   Now if modified the column "Domain" and insert the domain, for example
"ABC.com", we can see the USERS ONLINE

In the file opensips.cfg

# ----- usrloc params -----

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable DB persistency

   for location entries */

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   2)

modparam("usrloc", "db_url",

        "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")

In the Module "Statics Monitor" , we can look the locations-users

Thanks