[OpenSIPS-Users] Question Regarding Watchers table.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 21 17:14:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Ok, I've checked the OpenXcap code. In backend/opensips.py I can see that a
> refreshWatcherMessage is sent if application_id is either "pres-rules" or
> "org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules" or "pidf-manipulation".
> Indeed, when Mercuro Client log for the first time, it HTTP PUT a
> org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules message (along with 2 resource-lists and 1
> rls-services) which make openXcap send a refreshWatcher message.
>
> The problem is that, when Mercuro accept to be viewed by a another contact
> (after a SIP NOTIFY presence.winfo), it does not send an
> org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules again. It justs add the contact in its
> buddylist by sending 2 "resource-lists" (index and
> properties-resource-list.xml) and obviously it doesn't make OpenXcpa to send
> a refreshWatchers message.

I can't give you a time estimation, but we'll get rid of the
refreshWatchers and replace it with a PUBLISH message with xcapdiff
payload. This message will be generated every time a document is changed
in the OpenXCAP server. Then, presence_xcapdiff will be modified
accordingly, to refresh the watchers when needed.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects