[OpenSIPS-Users] Some Guidance

Douglas Lane doug at wd.co.za
Fri Apr 16 21:46:33 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

Firstly, big thanks for assisting me with the username and raelm issue I
was having - seems to have worked itself out nicely.

I'm looking for some guidance on how to do the following the "right" way:

We currently have some wholesale clients signed up with us now, and they
have a few 1000 numbers in their assigned number ranges. We'd like to
transit their CLID, but I really don't want to troll through my
usr_preferences to pull 1000 CLID, and then identify which number
they're sending and checking to see if it exists.

I was thinking of loading a range of sorts using a regex, like
1800777XXXX which would be a 10000 number range. Then when the client
sends us their CLID in the display name section of the From header, say
18007775566, we could check against the XXXX portion using a regex, and
if it returns true, we accept the CLID and instruct the C4 to present
the CLID. If not, we return a SIP error saying "Invalid CLID" or
something like that.

I'm open to suggestions here, what I need to achieve is the following:

   1. Don't want to load 10000 numbers at a time into my usr_preferences
      database, as this could get very big
   2. Need a way to check that the CLID we've loaded is checked against
      the display name in the From header
   3. Check must be quick to ensure we don't kill opensips doing 1000's
      of db queries

I look forward to the assistance.

Thanks
Doug