[OpenSIPS-Users] Strange username registration

Douglas Lane doug at wd.co.za
Fri Apr 9 07:10:08 CEST 2010

Hi Vallimamod,

Ok I tried what you suggested, and things worked nicely, barring the odd
Asterisk server on our network that funny enough registers with the
domain in the username, yet when I view the account in the location
table, the username column only contains the username, and the domain
column only contains the domain column.

Now when I try the same with an Xlite or a Siemens A580IP (those are the
only 2 devices I have tried so far), the only difference between the
asterisk registration and the xlite is the From header and To header in
the asterisk registration contains username [at] domain [dot] com,

While the Xlite contains username [%40] domain [dot] com [at] domain
[dot] com

So The problem is not with the registration but actually with the saving
of the userloc that appears to be my problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks once again for all the assistance!

Doug