[OpenSIPS-Users] mysql engine type for opensips tables

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Sep 17 19:14:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I noticed in the .sql files used to create the tables in MySQL for Opensips
it forces the table type to MyISAM.  I would suggest to remove the ENGINE
declaration altogether allowing the tables to be created in the default
engine for the database server.  In most cases for most folks this will
result in MyISAM tables anyway.

I write this after having stripped the engine manually in each .sql file
after each update of Opensips since in my case they're created by default
with ENGINE=ndb.  Others may wish to use a type such as InnoDB for the acc
table while MyISAM for the rest.

Just a thought.

- Jeff