[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Thu Sep 10 23:41:25 CEST 2009

On Thursday 10 September 2009 22:25:39 Dan Pascu wrote:
> On 10 Sep 2009, at 18:00, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> > So ... "killing flies with bazookas" ...
> > So ... when having to update, need to update n instances, instead of
> > only
> > one ..
> > So ... wasting hard disk (I know it's cheap ... but wasting
> > anyway) ...
>
> I'm pretty sure you felt smart and clever while wording your indignant
> reply. Indeed, you absolutely had to put me into my rightful place and
> I deserved every dot and comma in it. What was in my mind trying to
> suggest some alternatives that work with the software as it is and do
> not require patching or a new version? But for a strange reason I
> cannot pinpoint, I do not feel motivated by your rhetoric. No sir.
> Shamefully I must admit that it made me think that I can spend my time
> better elsewhere. Imagine that good sir. I'm so ashamed. It also made
> me have unclean thoughts about you. It made me think that maybe you
> have a size problem and you're compensating. Can you imagine that? So,
> good sir, maybe you should fire more of your aggressive indignation
> towards me to break this unclean thinking in my mind and finally make
> me see the light. Forget about asking nicely or, God forbid,
> contributing back. That's for pussies and it only weakens one's
> character.

Every time we have "talked" about this ... you always react the same ... as If
I was fighting against you ... I don't know from where you get that feeling
from my words.

I'm only expressing my opinion, your are free to ignore it if you don't like
it.

Yes you gave a solucion and I arge that a better solucion (and from a desing
point of view and from the KISS principles, easier) it's so simple add a -c
config param.
Do you want the patch? ... they are just 4 lines, I did it for 2.3.4 version
of mediaproxy, also for callcontrol and other very good software you have
developed but that lacks THAT SIMPLE option, to be able to set the config
file to use from the command line ... as 99% of other software allow you.

> > I still think that a simple param like -c configfile is better.
>
> That may be, but I made a principle of not helping people that hate me
> or abuse me verbally.

I don't think I have abused you ... if you think soo it's your problem. I only
express my opinion and comment other possible solutions.

> Besides, free in "free software" doesn't stand
> for let's use that software that is free of charge and then feel free
> to abuse the developer. It stands for fell free to improve it and
> contribute back. Wait, scratch that. From you I wouldn't even want
> patches. The contribution you made is already more than enough...

Dan, sincerily .. you don't like to hear opinions that are agains yours ...
and that's not good.
If you don't want my patches, you are free to ignore them. Not always a patch
is needed to improve a software or to contribute to it, most of time another
point of view about a problem it's enought.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual