[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy relay on none default route interface failed

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Thu Sep 10 17:00:06 CEST 2009

On Thursday 10 September 2009 15:02:21 Dan Pascu wrote:
> You don't need to patch anything. Just unpack mediaproxy in as many
> different directories as you need, run ./build_inplace and modify each
> config.ini in those directories as needed. Then run mediaproxy from
> those directories and each of them will use the local config.ini from
> its own directory.

So ... "killing flies with bazookas" ...
So ... when having to update, need to update n instances, instead of only
one ..
So ... wasting hard disk (I know it's cheap ... but wasting anyway) ...

I think it's easier to patch media-relay to be able to pass the config file as
a param, as on many other programs around the world ..

> Alternatively, if you want to use a system wide installation, you can
> copy the binaries from /usr/bin to a number of different directories
> and add a config.ini in each directory. Then run those binaries from
> those directories instead of /usr/bin/ and each binary will use the
> config.ini file in its own directory to overwrite settings from the
> global /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini.

... no coments

> Mediaproxy uses 2 configuration files. The global one resides in /etc/
> mediaproxy/config.ini. On top of that if a config.ini is present in
> the same directory as the binary (media-relay & media-dispatcher) that
> one will be used to overwrite the settings from the global one having
> priority over it.

I have no tested that ... but anyway it requires me to been duplicating
installations  ... I still think that a simple param like -c configfile is
better.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual