[OpenSIPS-Users] Newbie To OpenSIPS

greg.bromage at eu.effem.com greg.bromage at eu.effem.com
Wed Sep 9 13:49:54 CEST 2009

Uwe wrote:

> Could be helpfull to know what you want to do with opensips :-)

Well, since I'm also a newbie, I might jump here and ask my question
too, if I may.

Due to a recent company merger, I have half a company using IBM Lotus
Sametime 8, with a Sametime gateway (which will talk XMPP), and half
using Microsoft LCS 2003 which I am told is "mostly" SIMPLE compliant.
Because of interdependencies, it is not possible to upgrade the version
of LCS. Each half of the company uses separate domains, but I have
private network links between them and internal DNS that I can (mostly)
do what I like with.

I need to provide presence and text messaging (no voice needed) between
the two. Is this something OpenSIPS can do, and if so, does anyone have
any sample use cases or config files they can share?