[OpenSIPS-Users] Access to Radius AVP's and "radius_extra" parameter

Irina Stanescu ironmissy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:23:21 CEST 2009

Hello John,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM, John Quick <John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk>wrote:

> I have been experimenting with Radius authentication on an older version of
> OpenSIPS (actually my test
> unit has OpenSER v1.3.2, but I don't think it will be much different to
> 1.5.x for this). I want to be
> able to read several values returned from the Radius server. Is this what
> the modparam "radius_extra"
> is for? Or is it to allow extra values to be passed to the Radius server
> for accounting?

The "radius_extra" parameter only allows you to send extra values to the
Radius server, to be logged for accounting. You cannot fetch any value from
an accounting reply.

> My Radius server is configured to return three AVP's like this:
> Reply-Message = "Opensips rules!",
> Sip-RPId = sip:123456 at mysip.com <sip%3A123456 at mysip.com>,
> SIP-AVP = "#14:012345 at mynumber.biz <14%3A012345 at mynumber.biz>"
>
> Using Wireshark, I can see that the values are all being sent back to the
> OpenSIPS server, but I have
> only had success in accessing the value in SIP-AVP. Is there a trick to
> this or are those other values
> unavailable in the OpenSIPS script?
>
> Is the functionality I'm looking for only available in the new AAA modules?

The functionality you are looking for is provided by the new AAA_RADIUS
module. Using the functions exported by this module you can yield directly
from the script any type of Radius query and also inspect replies for
certain attributes.
For more information, check out the
tutorial<http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutRadius>and the
documentation<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/aaa_radius.html>
 .
If you have any other uncertainties, please let me know. Any other
suggestions are welcome as well.

> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited
> Web: www.smartvox.co.uk
>
> Smartvox is a limited company, registered in England and Wales, number
> 5005263.
> Registered office: Spectrum House, Dunstable Road, Redbourn, St.Albans,
> Herts AL3 7PR

Best regards,
Irina Stanescu