[OpenSIPS-Users] No solution with asterisk possible? New feature in TM? Re: parallel forking and CANCEL/BYE

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 22 21:17:47 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Jueves, 22 de Octubre de 2009, Uwe Kastens escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After reading lots of docs and mailing lists, it looks like there is now
>> solution for asterisk available and looks like that might be a long way
>> till then.
>>

> If you mean the link below take into account that it's chan_sip3 which is not
> implemented in asterisk at all since nobody wants to support Olee to do that.
> Asterisk is not interested in SIP.
>

>> Maybe its possible to implement that feature in TM?
>>

> I really expect a proxy shouldn't behave as a UAC.

Inaki, Uwe,

Such a feature is possible to do in TM (technically speaking) , but my
doubt is if this is the correct thing to do - because as you said, more
or less is not the job of a proxy to sort out such situation (even if it
can ;) ).

So the question actually is: do we want to be rigorous about what we
should or should not do, or we want to add some extra options to to help
with interoperability of some broken/stupid entities??

Blue pill ? Red pill ?? :D