[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool Location via GeoIP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Oct 19 22:42:00 CEST 2009

El Lunes, 19 de Octubre de 2009, Adrian Georgescu escribió:
> As far as I know, access to city codes is not a freely available in
> the free geoip library. You must purchase a comercial license from the
> maker of that database to get access to data beyond country level.

This is something I don't understand. For example in my company we are also a
ADSL provider and the same IP can be today located in the north of Spain and
tomorrow in the center, and AFAIK we notify nobody about it, so... how could a
free or comercial geoip library know the real location of an IP?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>