[OpenSIPS-Users] Using RTPProxy to proxy all non-NAT'ed calls as well

Julian Yap julianokyap at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 12:30:35 CEST 2009

I have a working set up where OpenSIPS is my registrar and SIP Proxy.

NAT'ed UA calls are handled with RTPProxy.

I want RTPProxy to handle non-NAT'ed UA's (for example, UA's on a
public internet IP).

I tried a quick test of running the force_rtp_proxy() function on
non-NAT'ed INVITE packets but I get this error:
Oct 18 00:18:17 sip1 /sbin/opensips[18749]:
ERROR:nathelper:extract_body: message body has length zero
Oct 18 00:18:17 sip1 /sbin/opensips[18749]:
ERROR:nathelper:force_rtp_proxy2_f: can't extract body from the
message

Is it possible to run RTPProxy in this fashion?  I'm looking for the
easiest fix.

Thanks,
Julian