[OpenSIPS-Users] External transfer fails (from Asterisk)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 9 09:32:00 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter den Hartog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know if i'm on the right mailing list for this issue but maby i'm
> not the only one that had it :-).

if it is opensips related, you are on the right list :)
> I implemented opensips and it works good, the normal calls are going great,
> outside/inside it all works. inside transfer (exten to exten) works to.
>
> But when an outside caller calls the office, it goes to the asterisk, and
> asterisk forwards it to an opensips extension. exten =
> x,Dial,1,(SIP/202 at opensips.org) That works great, the caller gets the right
> person, but when the one being called, transfer that call it gone.

This is the first scenario where * is fronting OpenSIPS ...typically is
the other way around :D
> I think it's because asterisk is trying to transfer this caller, but the
> extension is not there (it's in opensips ofcourse, but not in *)

Normally, the call transfer (from the phone) is done via a REFER request
(inside the ongoing dialog) - What I suspect is that , as * is in the
path of all calls with external users, * will intercept the REFER and
try to handle it locally.

Try to get a trace and see if this is what happens = REFER being
consumed by *, instead of passing it to the external party.