[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-invite problem -> 491 Request Pending

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Mon Oct 5 17:51:00 CEST 2009

Hello All,I'm not sure where the problem is.. it's either my switch, or it's
the customer's box.

What's happening is the customer sends a call. As soon as the 200OK gets
back to them, they re-invite.. very fast. The reinvite occurs BEFORE the ACK
for the 200OK makes it back to the provider. Because of this, when the
RE-INVITE hits the provider they respond with "491 Request Pending", in
other words, I can't process a re-invite because the last INVITE hasn't send
me an ACK back yet. This happens over.. and over.. and over.

What I'm wondering is if there is a timer I can adjust for this. Seems like
OpenSIPs should know that the transaction is in a state where there is a
PENDING ACK and it shouldn't process the RE-INVITE quite yet (Request
Queued?). Perhaps that isn't a normal function of a Proxy. So I guess I'm
looking for either a timer adjustment or a way to insert some sorta delay
(sounds like a bad idea) to allow the ACK to traverse.

The numbers are VERY close.. the ACK actually arrives at
timestamp 12.757073, but the INVITE goes to the provider at 12.755913. So in
other words, if the RE-INVITE occured 0.001161 seconds later, this wouldn't
happen. Seems like there should be something to prevent these events? (A
properly working UAC perhaps?!)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett