[OpenSIPS-Users] dialog - failed to get From header

Alex Massover alex at jajah.com
Tue Nov 24 09:21:32 CET 2009

Hi Bogdan,

We experience the same thing under the same conditions (big amount of traffic and rare errors):

Oct 27 06:18:05 ser10 /usr/sbin/opensips[2802]: ERROR:dialog:pre_match_parse: failed to get From header
Oct 27 06:18:05 ser10 /usr/sbin/opensips[2802]: ERROR:uac:restore_from: new URI shorter than old URI
Oct 27 06:18:09 ser10 /usr/sbin/opensips[2854]: ERROR:dialog:pre_match_parse: failed to get From header
Oct 27 06:18:09 ser10 /usr/sbin/opensips[2854]: ERROR:uac:restore_from: new URI shorter than old URI

I think it's good idea to include at least Call-ID in error messages in general.

Currently errors format is OpenSIPS suitable for the developer that makes a single call and wants to debug it.
But is not so friendly for the production environment with big amount of traffic. Although I have all SIP traces it's impossible to find that specific call without any reference.

--
Best Regards,
Alex Massover