[OpenSIPS-Users] Avoiding use of table presentity

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Fri Nov 20 14:14:48 CET 2009

mayamatakeshi wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm experimenting with module presence.
> Is it possible somehow to make presence to NOT write to table presentity?
> I'm sending PUBLISH messages to opensips and I just want its contents
> to be sent to the watchers. I don't care to add previous contents nor
> even to send anything in case of NOTIFY due to SUBSCRIBE.
>
> regards,
> takeshi

Hi Takeshi,

No, it is not possible to avoid using presentity table. The presence
module uses it real time for storing info from Publish messages and
getting info when sending Notifies. The reason why the database must be
used in this case is that the documents can be large and can not be
stored in memory.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro