[OpenSIPS-Users] Radius CDR records depend who hangs up first

Jeff Kronlage jeff at data102.com
Wed Nov 11 16:35:22 CET 2009

John,

I'm not the RADIUS expert at our organization, but we do log to RADIUS
and then use CDRTool to rate calls.

With CDRTool, we set an AVP called $avp(s:billing_party) and send it to
RADIUS, which is then written to MySQL, which is later interpreted by
CDRTool.  CDRTool uses this variable to determine who the billing party
is.  You have to be a little clever with your scripting when you set it,
however.  In your case it sounds like you're logging a BYE packet, which
could be sent by either party, and then interpreting the sender of that
packet as the billing party.  In our case, we have numerous 'if'
statements surrounding BYEs to determine which of the users was the
billable entity.

Are you using CDRTool or rating with another technique?  If an
alternative, what do you use for determining who the billing party is?

Jeff K