[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence Persisting PUBLISH Contact details

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Nov 3 23:20:31 CET 2009

El Martes, 3 de Noviembre de 2009, mani sivaraman escribió:
> OPensips server sends Presence Notify with PIDF xml payload when a user
> becomes online to all its watchers. That is, when a presentity comes up
> online it Publishes the PIDF, opensips reads the PUBLISH stores it in mysql
> table and then sends NOTIFY to the watchers with status as online and with
> all other contacts details found in PIDF like email, phone number, favorite
> url, etc. However the watcher will not have any other contact details of
>  the presentity who is offline. It is not possible for the watcher to know
>  even the phone number, or emails address or any detail of an offline
>  contact. All details will be sent in NOTIFY only when the contact comes up
>  online.
>
> Is there any way I can configure opensips/presence module to send the last
> stored Published PIDF document in the NOTIFY with status as offline to the
> watchers ? Basically the presence Module will have to send the PIDF xml any
> way for both online and offline contacts. The offline contacts will have
> status as offline in the PIDF, where as online contact will have the state
> as open.
>
> Is this even possible ? Configurable ?

A PUBLISH expires, this is how it works so if the client is offline and
doesn't publish its status, there si no presence status for this user.

However what you are looking for is implemented with XCAP using pidf-
manipulation application:
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4827

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>