[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Supports OMA IM MSRP Conference ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Nov 2 21:54:38 CET 2009

El Lunes, 2 de Noviembre de 2009, Manivasagam Sivaraman escribió:
> It is not exactly a SIP Proxy's job, but rather a IM Server's (Messaging
> Server) Job. The Proxy Server should help in establishing the IM
>  Conference. It is a procedure defined in OMA IM Conference package. The
>  initiating UA will send an INVITE with a special xml payload Content Type
> "application/resource-lists+xml" in addition to the SDP. The
>  Proxy/IM-Server up on receiving this INVITE will proxy the INVITE to all
>  registered UA found in the resource-lists xml that was received in INVITE.
>  All the UAs who are referred will then send INVITE and join in the IM
>  Conference that was created by the originating IM UA. The media is done
>  using MSRP and MSRP relay independent of the Proxy Server. The
>  Proxy/IM-Server only help in establishing the SIP IM-Conference. No media
>  will be handled by the proxy as in case of any other conf/session. ALl the
>  IM/Proxy server that supports IM -COnf will have a predefined Ad-Hock IM
>  COnf URI like "IMConf at opensips.com". All IM COnf will gets established by
>  sending INV to this special URI.

Interesting. However I really think that inspecting the request body is always
a task of a server rather than a proxy. I'd really would prefer having a
specific server for that. But perhaps it could be a opensips module to
implement it (as there are presence server modules).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>