[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS-CP for admin, what for user provisioning?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 26 13:29:25 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009, Gavin Henry wrote:
> > 95% yes..some things improved, but the lines are still good.
>
> OK, great. Read a lot about rtpproxy and mediaproxy, but I guess it just
> depends on what you need (billing fixes).

I don't think that the information in the book still applies to mediaproxy.
Openser (1.3) used mediaproxy version 1, which while being more flexible and
having more features, was slower than rtpproxy.

OpenSIPS however uses mediaproxy version 2, which is implemented differently,
being redesigned and rewritten from ground up. While retaining and extending
the feature set, mediaproxy 2 does forwarding of the media streams in kernel
space using the Linux conntrack system, which makes it significantly faster
than any other user space solution, because it completely avoids the most
costly part of forwarding: copying the data from kernel space to user space
and back.

I suggest you read the mediaproxy 2 documentation: http://mediaproxy-ng.org/
The site information is terse, being just an outline of the features, but the
README contains all the details on the new architecture.

--
Dan