[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS-CP for admin, what for user provisioning?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon May 25 16:53:45 CEST 2009

Hi Gavin,

Gavin Henry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Couple of questions as I'm setting up OpenSIPS for a charity and need
> to pick some off the shelf tools:
>
> 1. I've watched most of the great new vids for the cp and actually
> installed it, but looks like only rtpproxy is supported? (will double
> check)

what you mean by "only" rtpproxy is supported?
> 2. What is the minimum opensips.cfg you need to drive everything from the cp?

well, normally you go the other way around - what functionality you need
for your service?
> 3. What do you recommend for user prov and signup? SerMyAdmin is also
> running, but I think that overlaps the OpenSIPS-cp?

sermyadmin is good as it has the user provisioning part. You can use it
for user and keep opensips CP for system provisioning
> 4. Is the PostgreSQL driver as well tested as the MySQL one?

there is no postgres support in openSIPS CP, but it will be available in
matter of weeks.
> 5. I would also like to put auth and DDI lookup in OpenLDAP. What are
> your experiences of this?

LDAP works fine with opensips (use for more than auth and DIDs) , but
openSIPS CP has no support for LDAP.
> 6. Asterisk with res_config_ldap will be used for media as I maintain
> it and wonder if there is a specific LDAP schema file for OpenSIPS?

you can use whatever scheme you want from openSIPS script - the LDAP
interface allows you to push any kind of lookup
> 7. Is CDRTool with Freeradius the way to go to track mins for audit purposes?

it is a way of doing it, but not the only one
> 8. Should there be a seperate OpenSIPS instance for NAT and Media or
> should the same server handle that?

depends on what load you expect (number of subscribers and service
complexity) - typically it is simpler to have a single instance.
> 9. I have the OpenSER book. Are the technologies and packages listed
> in there still the best way to deploy a pure open source platform?

95% yes..some things improved, but the lines are still good.
> 10. Can blacklists be in LDAP? I presume anything can as it's just a
> lookup in a route workflow.

exactly.