[OpenSIPS-Users] next_branch function, NAT and PATH (RFC 3327)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri May 22 11:55:45 CEST 2009

Hi Alex,

Alex Hermann wrote:
> On Thursday 14 May 2009 16:40:08 Mauro Davi' wrote:
>
>> If I call an AOR via parallel fork all goes fine...
>>
> Parallel forking seems ok, but in reality it isn't. You just don't notice
> because you use only 1 load-balancer. If the AOR has multiple contact
> registered via multiple load-balancers, all contacts use the path of the first
> contact.

For parallel forking after  lookup("location") should work - usrloc
keeps the PATH string for each contact and accordingly push it in
branches. Also TM module is using the PATH string separately for each
branch it sends out.

Maybe it is something I miss here, so please let me know why do you say
that all branches are sent out via the PATH of the first contact.

>>> But if I use a serial forking, when I call the next_branch function to
>>>
>> handle a serial forking the INVITE from the server isn't sent to the SIP
>> Proxy (the outbound proxy defined in the PATH HF of the REGISTER).
>>
> Indeed, on serial forking Path is ignored completely except for the first
> branch.

yes, because the serialize branches engine does not store the PATH
string :(...that is a bug indeed.

>> It seems that also the received parameter isn't used... The INVITE go
>> direct to the private IP of the client behind NAT...

yes, because the received info is also not stored in the serialized
branches...another BUG.