[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips transparent with overlap RFC3578

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed May 20 22:22:37 CEST 2009

El Miércoles, 20 de Mayo de 2009, Uwe Kastens escribió:
> Hello list,
>

> Will opensips act transparent if I its installed between UA and
> softswitch which both supports overlap dialing?
>
> For the softswitch documentation:
>
> In this scenario, as soon as the minimum amount of digits is received
> according to the numbering plan (after having received the minimum
> numbers of the country en-bloc), the gateway sends an INVITE and starts
> T10. If a SAM arrives to the gateway, T10 is refreshed and a new INVITE
> with the new digits received is sent. If all the INVITE have
> been answered with a final response (different than 200 OK) and T10
> expires, the call is released with an “Address Incomplete” cause value.
>

> Anyone already configured it?

This feature has nothing to do with OpenSIPS which is just a proxy (and more
things) and it only routes requests.

Of course, you can implement it with OpenSIPS:
- Suppose the complete number to dial is 123456.
- GW sends 1 to OpenSIPS and it replies 484 "Address Incomplete"
- GW sends 12 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 123 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 1234 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 12345 and OpenSIPS replies 484.
- GW sends 123456 and OpenSIPS routes the call.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>