[OpenSIPS-Users] opensipsctl restart

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed May 13 16:07:03 CEST 2009

2009/5/13 Brett Nemeroff <brett at nemeroff.com>:
> Hi List,
> Anyone else have problems with opensipsctl restart?
> It "normally" doesn't work for me. It usually says it's already running, or
> there is a pid still there.. I've gotten so used to just opensipsctl stop +
> opensipsctl start, I haven't really worried about what is really going on.
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, sometimes it occurs to me.

Sometimes, programming something in OpenSIPS it occurs to me this
error ("stop" doesn't work properly, some opensips process remains
runing...). After checking my code I realize of some bug and fixing it
solves the "stop" issue.

So I understand that there could be a bug "somewhere" in the code
which causes it. In my case, when this occured to me, the my bug was
about a "free()" over an already cleaned pointer. This didn't cause
OpenSIPS to crash, but "stop" action didn't work properly.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>