[OpenSIPS-Users] CANCEL with a To tag.

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon May 11 12:23:16 CEST 2009

2009/5/11 Chris Maciejewski <chris at wima.co.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask what would be the best way to handle CANCEL
> request with a To tag. I know such a CANCEL request is not RFC
> compatible

CANCEL is hop-by-hop. This means that when OpenSIPS receives a CANCEL,
it *doesn't* route it, but it generates a new one (this occurs when
you do "t_relay()" for a CANCEL).
It's impossible to add "To tag" to a CANCEL generated by OpenSIPS
(expect if the CANCEL occurs for a re-INVITE being into an already
established dialog, so arriving CANCEL has To tag and OpenSIPS routes
it as any other in-dialog request).

>  but unfortunately I came across some buggy UAs doing this.

What do you mean with it? what does this UAS?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>