[OpenSIPS-Users] LB Re: [OpenSIPS-Business] [OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS at Amoocon (former AsteriskTag)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu May 7 15:31:58 CEST 2009

2009/5/7 Stefan Sayer <stefan.sayer at iptego.com>:
> I must say I have not looked into the code but only at
> http://www.opensips.org/pub/events/2009-05-04_Amoocon_Rostock/OpenSIPS_LoadBalancing.pdf
> but I am not convinced: For load balancing that could be done
> statelessly wrt SIP dialog you are keeping dialog state at the LB.

Do you mean:
a) Transaction statelessy
b) Transaction statefull (but not dialog aware)
c) Dialog aware (so also transaction stateful)
?

With load_balancer it seems that option "c" (dialog aware) is
required, but I don't understand if you suggest option "a" or "b". I
understand that option "b" (transaction stateful) is required in order
to do failover (if server 1 fails route the request to server 2).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>