[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensip and asterisk

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Mar 25 15:18:03 CET 2009

I agree with you.However, how you integrate the two is still a function of
required architecture. The products are completely different beasts.

The superficial applications I've mentioned were only to serve as examples
as how similar applications can be executed using either product.  Yes, one
is more appropriate than the other generically speaking. But that is really
a matter of opinion. I'm sure there is someone out there running asterisk as
a registrar with opensips + sems as the voicemail server.  I personally
don't agree with that, but it's a perfectly workable architecture.

Anyway, this wasn't meant to be and argument. I simply meant to point out
before you can try to "integrate asterisk with opensips" you need to know
what it is that you want each box doing and what the overall "application"
and "product" will be created by the integration. Only from there can you
pick a reasonable architecture.
-Brett