[OpenSIPS-Users] prefix to account

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Mar 24 18:42:07 CET 2009

Hey All,I was just wanting to get some feedback from the community on how
you may handle this. I have a number of clients who like to use "prefixes"
in the dialed number coupled with IP address authentication to link calls to
a specific account..

It starts out simple.. Customer A sends me calls from 1.2.3.4.. Great. I
have a table that links IP to account.. So now I can account those calls..

But now customer A, has subcustomer A.1, or A.2 They still send calls from
1.2.3.4, but they'll send prefix 001234 before the dialed number (like
00123415125551212). In this case, I want to identify the 1.2.3.4 + prefix of
001234 as being customer A.1, then strip off 001234.

So in general, I do an avp_db_query (to be replaced by a cache_fetch) for
$si + substr($rU)... Which works fine.. BUT if the prefix is not of a fixed
length.. I'm not even really sure hwo to go about it..

(pardon the messy sql, it's really just to prove a point)
with the avp_db_query, I can simply do a "like" select ala: select account
from customertrunks where ip=$si and to_did like concat($rU,'%')

But if I do a cache_fetch, I can't do the pattern  match..

So how do you guys do this? or do you do it at all. :) I see a lot of
clients asking for some sort of call prefixes.. usually a fixed length will
make them happy, but I've got some now that don't have a fixed length.

Thanks,
Brett