[OpenSIPS-Users] 487 Request Terminated and BYE

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 23 21:33:40 CET 2009

Hi Guillaume,

the problem is because of statefull versus stateless - you are right
about what RFC says (no negative reply after 200 OK), but this applies
only if you have a transaction.

What happens in your case is that the 487 retransmission exceeds the
lifetime of the INVITE transaction and because the reply does not match
a transaction anymore, it is simply forwarded stateless.

This behaviour is fixed in 1.5.0 (just released today) -  if you do not
use any stateless request fwd functions, the OpenSIPS core will also
refuse to forward any stateless reply.

so, in your scenario, during the lifetime of the INVITE transaction ,
the 487 will be blocked by TM; after the transaction is deleted, the
reply will be dropped by core.

So, you have to upgrade to 1.5 as any previous version does not offer
any solution for this case.

Regards,
bogdan