[OpenSIPS-Users] segmentation fault when calling pkg_malloc

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 18 01:20:16 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009, Dan Pascu wrote:
> On Monday 16 March 2009, Vasil Kolev wrote:
> > Another question is, is there a bug at all, e.g. are there any
> > definitive reports? All the memory corruption problems I've seen can
> > be
>
> If you can count the fact that opensips 1.4.x was crashing on me every
> couple of days until I switched to the system malloc, after which I've
> never seen them again, then yes I think there are reports.

One more thing I forgot to mention. I've never seen this issue with
openser-1.3. It first appeared when I tried to upgrade to opensips-1.4. I
used the same configuration, so the only thing that changed in this
equation is the sip proxy itself.

Something changed between 1.3 and 1.4 that triggered this, but it's not
clear what and where. It seems to be some side effect of another change
as the memory allocator code wasn't touched since.

--
Dan