[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool - Handling premium numbers

Dan-Cristian Bogos danb at sms4sip.com
Fri Mar 13 12:17:41 CET 2009

Hey Adrian,

thanks for impressive fast support.

Some comments inline ...

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 11:30 +0100, Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> On Mar 13, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Dan-Cristian Bogos wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I was wondering what are the solutions from the experts perspective of
> > rating premium numbers, maybe tricks around the problem.
> > I know that in many countries (eg: Holland), there are more than 2
> > millions special premium numbers which should be in theory updated at
> > least once per day
>
> In practice in holland you have less then 15K 0900 numbers with
> different prices. Many 0900 ranges share the same price.

The list I got from third party was about 2 mil. special numbers in
Holland and, yes, it contained few tens of thousands 0800 (I know that
these must be not charged), few tens of thousands of 0900, but also some
numbers with various prices, staring with prefixes like: 067x, 084x,
087x, 088x (I must admit that I am not 100% familiar with the system you
got there).

> > out of external sources like csv files and rated in
> > cdrs.
>
> With 8 million different rates doing thousands of simultaneous prepaid
> calls the system load for the rating engine under such traffic is less
> then 3% so you most probably can handle the load.

This is really useful information, perhaps worth adding in RATING.TXT doc.

Again thanks, you saved me serious devel time.

Cheers,
DanB