[OpenSIPS-Users] assigning dialog profiles

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Sun Mar 8 20:09:33 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm configuring Opensips' dialog module to keep count of the number of calls
I have on each outbound PSTN carrier.  Here's my thinking:

In request route:
- create_dialog() on new INVITE
- select carrier
- set_dlg_profile() to assign to proper profile with this carrier's value

In failure route:
- unset_dlg_profile() to remove from profile, since it failed
- send to original request route to select next carrier, assign profile, etc

When I run this, the first set_dlg_profile() works properly, but the
unset_dlg_profile() in the failure route logs:

 ERROR:dialog:unset_dlg_profile: dialog was not yet created - script error
 ERROR:dialog:w_unset_dlg_profile: failed to unset profile

All subsequent set/unset_dlg_profile give the same error.  Does the dialog
somehow get destroyed when the failure_route is hit?  Is it necessary to
create_dialog() each time the failure_route is hit by sending it back around
to a request route?

Thanks,
Jeff