[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy: dialog module sends BYE to wrong location with NAT

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Thu Mar 5 18:58:13 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:38:28PM +0200, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> What you can do, instead of using Route hdr as holder for the IP:port of
> the nat, you can store this information in the dialog. See
> store_dlg_value() and fetch_dlg_value() -
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/dialog.html#id272552 .

Oh, that is very nice. It's like AVPs but they persist for the dialog
instead of only the transaction. I missed it because I am still working
with 1.4.

> Then, you can use the local_route
> (http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.DocsCoreRoutes#toc6) to
> catch the BYE generated by the dialog module and to set as dsturi the
> values you stored in the dialog.

No, because the dsturi cannot be changed from within a local_route, see
modules/tm/uac.c line 305 in current SVN revision, and the documentation
confirms it: "Routing and signalling functions are not allowed.".

-Phil