[OpenSIPS-Users] [NEW] Load-balancing module + usage tutorial

mmarzuola at interfree.it mmarzuola at interfree.it
Thu Mar 5 10:15:40 CET 2009

Hi Bogdan.
I have a question about the features of the new load-balancer module.
If the better selected destination is unreachable, the module provides a failover by selecting the second best destination?

Thanks in advance.

Matteo Marzuola

>Hi,

>Before the SVN freeze for 1.5, as per TODO list, I uploaded a
load-balancing module. I kept quite until now as I wanted to prepare >a good description and documentation about it.

>The Load-Balancer module comes to provide traffic routing based on load.
>Shortly, when OpenSIPS routes calls to a set of destinations, it is able
>to keep the load status (as number of ongoing calls) of each destination
>and to choose to route to the less loaded destination (at that moment).
>OpenSIPS is aware of the capacity of each destination - it is
preconfigured with the maximum load accepted by the destinations. To be
>more precise, when routing, OpenSIPS will consider the less loaded
destination not the destination with the smallest number of ongoing
calls, but the destination with the largest available slot.

The "load-balancing" functionality comes to enhance the "dispatcher"
one. The difference comes in having or not load information about the
destinations where you are routing to.

For more info, please refer to the tutorial I just uploaded on the web site:
 http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.DocsTutLoadbalancing

Best regards,

Vuoi essere presente online?
Vuoi dare voce alla tua attivita`?
Acquista un dominio su domini.interfree.it.
A partire da 18,59 euro