[OpenSIPS-Users] losing subsequent requests - loose routing question?

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Mar 4 03:29:43 CET 2009

Ok, I'm really confused..

My carrier, who is running some variant of OpenSER says that I have to
change the value of my "Contact:" header to indicate the IP of my own
server. Otherwise subsequent requests within the dialog (ie: BYE) will
not go via me.

Well I thought this was the purpose of record-route? no? I am record
routing the INVITE that establishes the dialog. Isn't that good
enough?

I was under the impression that messing with the contact header will
break all sorts of dialog matching. Any ideas out there?
-Brett