[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog persistence - engage_media_proxy

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 24 12:27:41 CEST 2009

On 23 Jun 2009, at 20:34, Thomas Gelf wrote:

> Dialog persistence is now running fine for me (with db_mode 2), but
> engage_media_proxy seems to loose information stored related to the
> dialog.

This was discussed before. In order for mediaproxy (or any other
module on top of the dialog module) to be able to preserve its state
over restarts, the dialog module must provide a way for modules to
store persistent data in a dialog. Otherwise mediaproxy cannot re-
associate with the appropriate dialogs after a restart.

> How to reproduce:
> - start a dialog, trigger engage_media_proxy
> - restart OpenSIPS
> - put call on hold -> no session update
> - hang up -> session not stopped
>
> Later the call is being canceled by Mediaproxy as of timeout - but
> at that time there is no such dialog to be found.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas Gelf

Dan