[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy - timeout issue if ringing for more than 60 seconds

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Tue Jun 23 14:36:02 CEST 2009

Ruud Klaver wrote:
> Does the modified SDP reach your calling endpoint correctly? From this
> I see that it never even sent RTP to the relay. Did you say that, if
> you set the VM timeout to less than 60 seconds, the call works fine?
> Maybe it's a timeout in your calling endpoint then...

SDP is sent out fine - however the calling endpoint (Cisco) is not under
my administrative control...

> The timeout that does this, if that's what you are looking for, is
> configured in the MediaProxy relay section as stream_timeout and
> defaults to 90 seconds. It is triggered when, X seconds after seeing
> the first SDP, mediaproxy does not see RTP from both parties.

Hmmm... 90 != 60 so I didn't play with this one - and changing it to
something higher didn't help. BUT: Re-did tests with other UAS, it
seems I have to blame Cisco (or the one who configured it) for this :-/

However: many thanks for your assistance!!

Cheers,
Thomas