[OpenSIPS-Users] limit number of outbound calls using DIALOG

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:47:45 CEST 2009

Hi,I am looking at an option to limit more than one call per user even if
they are registered from multiple locations.
Basically if User A calls from location A and if the call is active, User A
registered from location B should not be allowed to make a call. What I did
was:

1) Create a dialog after every initial INVITE initiated by users
2) Before creating the dialog, query the dialog table to check if $fu has an
entry in the dialog table using avp_db_query.
3) If yes, means user A is already on a call so send a 403, Forbidden.
4) Else, create the dialog and process call.

Although this works, i just wonder if doing avp_db_query everytime to check
if the caller has a call active is an efficient way of doing it??
Is it possible to store these dialog parameters in localcache using memcache
module or access the dialog parameters from memory and compare it with the
INVITE messages !!!

Just trying to find a more efficient way of achieving this.

Thanks for any inputs you might have !!

--- Jay